Kahawa West Baptist Church
Kahawa West Baptist church was
started 30 years ago in a small rented structure. The vision carriers were
three dedicated men who came together and started the fellowship next to the
former quarry slum. The room was 10 by 15 feet without chairs; they used to be borrowed
from the people living in the slum.
As the church grew, members were forced to sit outside since the room was too small. The small fellowship grew over the years into the current big fellowship. The church was able to buy a plot and build a sanctuary holding a capacity of 400 people. Today many structures have been put in place and even an expansion of the sanctuary that now holds a capacity of 1000 people.